Today is our day! Right off of the coattails of the holiday season (very strategically placed) is World Introvert Day. Today, introverts all over the world are standing just a little bit taller as they send that text cancelling plans. In all seriousness though, it’s nice to have a day dedicated to the introvert because we are so often overlooked. So here I’ve compiled a list of 15 different ways introverts can celebrate World Introvert Day.
1. EXERCISE YOUR IMAGINATION. Let your imagination run wild today! Write a story or poem. Draw a mythical creature. Write a song! The possibilities are truly endless when you let your imagination run wild.
2. ROLL SOLO TO A MATINEE. Go to the movies alone at a time when you know there won’t be very many people at the theater. BONUS: Bring your own snacks from home! (It’s fine just bring a big bag.)
3. GO PEOPLE WATCHING. Go to the mall and treat yourself to your favorite snack from the food court (My personal fav is the cinnamon sugar soft pretzel from Annie’s), pop a squat on a bench and get to people watching. My best friend and I like to make up stories for all of the people that we see. “Those two? Definitely the first date. There probably won’t be a second.” It’s fun!
4. GET LOST IN A BOOK. Crack open a book from your favorite author (or even use Audible if you have it) and allow yourself to get swept away in a world of fiction. It’s a great way to escape from real life for a few hours.
5, HOST A NETFLIX MARATHON. Pop some popcorn, grab a blanket and plop on the couch in front of the t.v. because you’re about to partake in some serious binge watching.
6. GO TO A BOOKSTORE/LIBRARY. When you step inside of the bookstore, your body will know EXACTLY which section to take you to. Browse through the selections feeling the crisp pages and experiencing that feeling you get when you crack open a brand new book. BONUS: Get a cool new bookmark too!
7. HAVE A SPA DAY. Treat yourself to an at-home spa day so that you can recharge your batteries. Play soft music to set the mood, exfoliate your skin, do a facial while indulging in a nice warm bubble bath.
8. GO TO THE MUSEUM. Looking for an afternoon of culture? Head to your local museum or art exhibit and soak in all of the beauty and history. Take your time and really enjoy it.
9. SOLO DANCE PARTY. Turn on some music and have yourself a dance party in the living room. You could even perform a full length concert for your pet. The world is your oyster.
10. LISTEN TO A PODCAST. Take some time to catch up on some of your favorite podcasts or maybe even discover a new one. One of my favorites are Welcome to Night Vale, it’s really weird, but really entertaining.
11. FINALLY FINISH A PROJECT. For instance, I started knitting a scarf for my best friend about saaaay…..four years ago? I still haven’t finished. I probably won’t today though. (Sorry Jen, I’m doing the spa thing.)
12. GET CRAFTY. Into arts and crafts? What better day to get into hardcore scrapbook mode than World Introvert Day?
13. MINI RETREAT. Unplug for a bit and hold a mini meditation retreat in the comfort of your own home. You could even make yourself a little itinerary where you block out time for meditation, journaling, mindful eating, etc.
14. DO SOME ONLINE SHOPPING. This one is pretty self explanatory. Standing in long lines, bad. Shopping at home in your underwear, good.
15. PRACTICE A SKILL. Put in some time practicing something that you’ve been trying to learn. Maybe you’ve been learning how to paint. Or maybe you’ve been working on photography. Perhaps you’ve been trying to figure out how the heck to solve a Rubik’s Cube. Dedicate some time to that today.
Ok. So those were 15 suggestions of things that you could do to celebrate World Introvert Day. Do you enjoy doing any of these things? Maybe you have suggestion for me? Comment down below and let me know!